I've been interested in getting this to compile in the Instantbird framework for a while now, adding a new protocol to Instantbird. First of course I need the SIPE source, I chose to grab a release source bundle instead of using the git repository, just for ease moving files around, etc. There's a rather vague Windows build page on the wiki that I started with, says I need:
- libpurple >2.4.0 (we have 2.7.11)
- libglib >2.12.0 (we have 2.28.6)
- libxml2 (we have this)
- gmime >2.4 (not currently used)
Unfortunately when I went back to compiling gmime, it attempts to access parts of glib we're not using (gio, in particular) and thus is not in our source code. I can grab the glib source (2.28.6 to match, of course) and add the gio subfolder, but first we should check if this part of gmime is even used by SIPE! (My guess is that it is not, but that's where I'm at now. I'll post back when I get further.